Gas Safe Engineers
Did you know that gas engineers and installers must be registered to work safely and legally on gas boilers, cookers, fires and all other gas appliances?
By law, all gas engineers in the UK must be on The Gas Safe Register. This replaced the old ‘CORGI’ register in 2009.
The Gas Safe Register protects the public by:
- Tracking down individuals working illegally using a dedicated national investigations team
- Regular inspections of Gas Safe registered engineers
- Educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
- Investigating reports of unsafe gas work
So what should you do?
1. Find a Gas Safe engineer. Look for the logo when searching the web, and check
it is legitimate using the Gas Safe Register website.
2. Check the engineer is qualified to do the work. All registered gas engineers carry a Gas Safe Register ID card. This identifies the engineer on the front of the card and the back lists their qualifications and type of work they are able to undertake. So always ask to see an engineer’s ID card and if you are unsure about it, then the details can be checked online, or by calling the Register on 0800 408 550, or by texting Gas plus the engineer’s number to 85080.
For more information on gas safety, visit the Gas Safe website.
Of course, every gas engineer employed by KDE is Gas Safe Registered. We can provide a free no obligation quotation for all your Gas requirements. Call us today on 01928 711444 for a chat about how we can help you.